Rajesh Tiwari (Managing Director & Chief Investment Officer)
• Mr. Tiwari has over 3 decades of experience in banking, equity and debt investments
• Established CCSPL in 2008. Acted as the sole India advisor to Acacia Partners, one of the largest FIIs (A part of Ruane Cunniff & Goldfarb) between 2010 to 2017 responsible for managing USD 2 billion
• Prior to starting CCPL, Mr. Tiwari was President (Credit) at UTI Bank (now Axis Bank) where during his 7 years stint, he expanded the bank’s credit portfolio from INR 1500 crore to INR 32,000 crore; simultaneously reducing NPA percentage. At UTI Bank, he was credited for establishing a long term focused, robust marketing and appraisal systems
• Between 1992 to 2001, Mr Tiwari established and headed equity research division at Unit Trust of India (UTI) where he pioneered the concept of professional equity research as it is known today. He is also credited with turning around the India Fund to make it reach the top quartile among Indian offshore funds
• He was a part of initial team from IDBI that established the SEBI in 1988
• Mr. Tiwari holds PGDM (IIM-A) and Ph. D (Finance) from University of North Texas
• Mr. Tiwari lives in Mumbai with wife, Krishna and has a son Pratyush, and a daughter Prerna
Gautami Desai – (Executive Director & Head of Research )
• Gautami has over 2 decades of experience in equity investments and fundamental research
• She Joined CCSPL in 2008 and was part of the investment team which was advisers to Acacia Partners, one of the largest FIIs in India (A part of Ruane Cunniff & Goldfarb) between 2010 to 2017 responsible for managing USD 2 billion
• Gautami has spent 10 years at the Unit Trust of India (UTI) gaining well-rounded experience in credit research and fund management
• Managed equity portfolio of INR 3500 crore across three funds which were rated amongst the best performing funds by Crisil, Lipper and Value Research
• Gautami is known to dive deep for researching companies. Ever heard of a fund manager walking on the ramp just to gain insights into branding / marketing strategy of a large consumer company?
• Gautami is also a co-founder and director Micasa Education Pvt. Ltd., that runs K-12 schools under the brand name ‘Lumens School’. Its first school was established in 2011 at Vapi, which now has 450 students and has become known for its quality of education.
• Gautami is BE (Electronics) and has completed Masters in Management Studies from Mumbai University.
• Gautami lives in Mumbai with husband Rahul and has son Agatsya.